- reduces backache (lower back pain in particular)
- reduces muscle tension
- recommended for block vertebrae
- serves as adjunctive treatment for discopathy
- helps to reconstruct intervertebral discs
- prevents negative implications of sedentary work and increased spinal load
- provides relaxation in the condition of emotional tension, stress and insomnia
Breuss Massage is a technique developed by the Austrian naturopath and herbalist Rudolf Breuss (1899-1990). The treatment combines manual therapy and its energizing properties that allow to recover from any kind of physical and energetic tension. It involves a gentle massage of spinal area, which brings relaxation and composure. The treatment also aids correct spinal disc alignment and levels tension within paravertebral muscles. The traditional Breuss Massage requires to apply the finest hypericum oil that increases flexibility of soft tissues, but more importantly, penetrates intervertebral discs thus making it possible to both contain dehydration and degeneration as well as recover their structure.
Hypericum oil, often referred to as St. John’s Wort, can be used to soothe pain in muscles, sinews and joints. It is healing for skin burns, chronic wounds, abscess, infections and hyperpigmentation. It also has warming and relaxing effect on flexed muscles.
- no excessive meals prior to massage
- no meals later than 1 hour prior to massage
- acute inflamation and fever
- venous thrombosis, varicose veins
- cancer disease
- infectious disease